July 2, 2010

Diane's Etsy Store

My cousin,  Diane, has always been very talented.  She excels at sewing, crocheting, drawing, painting, photography, and scrapbooking to name just a few.  Diane's mother and my mother are sisters and are both talented in their own right with many of the same skills.   I didn't receive a full dose of those genes.  I can sew curtains and pillows - things that take a straight line.  I am learning more about photography (I think a better camera might help along those lines!).  I can draw a little. But I can do nothing to the professional craft level that my mom, aunt and cousin have reached.

Recently, Diane opened an Etsy shop to offer a variety of her items such as stationery, necklaces, birth announcements, christmas stockings, digital scrapbook papers, and much more to the public.  You can check out her Etsy Store here. 

When I saw her Everyday Tote Bag-Purse, it was exactly what I needed.  I teach a class of 3rd and 4th graders on Wednesday night and needed a sturdy bag to hold a bunch of "stuff":  my bible, binder, flashcards, folders, overheads, markers, candy, and many other things that vary from week to week.  After talking with Diane about her tote AND finding out I could pick out my own material, I was ready to order.  I picked out my material at Wal-Mart (not much variety here, but we are getting a JoAnn Fabrics soon...can't wait!).  I chose a dog print for the outside, a black check for the inside, a black duck cloth for the bottom and straps, and some black stringy cording as decoration to go around the top.  I was a little concerned about how the different thicknesses of materials would work, but she made it all come together beautifully and it is very sturdy.

Here is the final product:


And, it even gets better.  On the inside, she has a zipper pocket which is great for my flash cards:


And a pocket for my markers, pencils and pens:


This bag is both functional and beautiful.  I can definitely see this used as a purse and might consider one for that purpose too if I wasn't so completely in love with my Ameribag.  I'll have to do a post on that sometime, too!  :)  Please do check out her Etsy store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/diturpin.  My next purchase may be her stationery...gorgeous!  Or maybe the Christmas Tree Stockings...hmmmm.

Have an enjoyable Independence Day weekend and be safe!

Note:  I just noticed that there is a pocket on the outside too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always enjoy your visits to our blog and love reading your comments. Thanks for visiting and check back with us soon!

Judy :)