July 10, 2011

Day 5: 10 Days of Real Food Pledge

Today is our anniversary.  My husband and I have been married for 24 years!  He has been a wonderful, kind, caring, compassionate man and if I could choose again, I would definitely choose him.  All that aside...we always celebrate our anniversary by eating out at a restaurant.  We got to talking about where we wanted to eat and I told him we needed to eat somewhere with "Real Food".

We knew Italian and Mexican was out of the question because of the pasta and tortillas.  We talked about Cracker Barrel and Red Lobster.  I love Cracker Barrel -- especially their biscuits, but nope they are made with white flour.  I thought about eating their vegetables, but I am sure they are loaded with bacon grease or lard.  We discussed Red Lobster.  I love Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits (again white flour) but they do have baked seafood, steamed vegetables, and baked potatoes.  We decided to eat at Red Lobster.  As soon as the waiter came to the table and got our drink order (water), he said he would be right out with some biscuits.  My husband, the sweetheart that he is, said, "No, we don't want any biscuits tonight."  The waiter kind of raised his eyebrow and looked at me and after cringing inwardly I told him, "No, we'd better not..."  That was tough.  I think the toughest thing so far to turn down.  I had their oven broiled flounder with a baked potato (sour cream & butter on the side) and salad (with oil and vinegar).  I was pleasantly filled when we left -- not overly stuffed as I usually am when I leave a restaurant.  I remember reading somewhere that the Japanese eat to 80% full and then stop.  I would say I was 80% full.  And that was good!

I'll leave you tonight with a picture of Charlie & me taken 2009.


Judy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always enjoy your visits to our blog and love reading your comments. Thanks for visiting and check back with us soon!

Judy :)