July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011: Repost - Sour Cream Potato Salad

Happy 4th of July!  Potato Salad goes hand in hand with 4th of July celebrations.  We are meeting with some friends from church for our annual 4th of July celebration and I am taking my Sour Cream Potato Salad.  I thought I would repost this recipe for you.  I posted this for the first time just a year ago and it has been my second most viewed blog post.  This recipe is probably one my most requested recipes from friends and family, too.  Enjoy the recipe (again) and I wish for you an exciting but relaxing holiday!



Sour Cream Potato Salad

Unpeeled or peeled red potatoes, cut in bite size pieces and boiled, about 8 - 9 medium potatoes

6 slices of bacon, diced, and fried crisp

1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill or dill weed, to taste

1 Tablespoon apple cider or white vinegar

3/4 cup sour cream

3/4 cup mayonnaise

1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

3-4 green onions

Cook the potatoes and fry the bacon crisp.  Combine dill or dill weed, vinegar, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy.  Add dressing and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to cooled potatoes.  Slice green onions and their stems.  Sprinkle extra 1/2 cup on cheddar cheese on top of potato mixture, then sprinkle green onion and crisp bacon pieces.

I am not a huge raw onion fan.  I love the taste that an onion leaves behind, but just don't like the bite.  Leaving the onions on top of the salad allows the onion lovers to get as much as onion as they want and allows folks like me to dig deeper to leave the onions behind.

Judy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always enjoy your visits to our blog and love reading your comments. Thanks for visiting and check back with us soon!

Judy :)