March 29, 2010

Canadian Geese

Canadian Geese have to be my absolute favorite sight to experience in nature.  I love to hear the honk of the geese in the spring and fall, and then search the sky for their "V" formation in flight.  When we first bought the farm, one of the things I told my husband I hoped would visit our farm was Canadian Geese.  Hopefully, they might stop at our pond for a rest or to spend the night.  In our six years here, we have had a few gaggles stop for a rest, but so far none have spent the night with us.

These two geese stopped by our pond tonight for a rest.  We hoped they might spend the night, but our llamas were too curious and we think the geese flew away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always enjoy your visits to our blog and love reading your comments. Thanks for visiting and check back with us soon!

Judy :)