March 23, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  I hope to accomplish a few things with this blog:  inspire myself to do more around my home and farm, share our life in Alabama with my family and friends -- both our farm life and everyday life, keep our family up to date with pictures and stories.  There are several things I love to do, but have pretty much put them on the back burner during this time of our life.  I love gardening -- flowers and vegetables, reading, cooking, baking, refinishing furniture, improving the house, and entertaining.  I went back to work around three years ago (part-time May - December, full-time January - April -- I'm an accountant) and life has been in a spin ever since.  I have been inspired by several of your blogs and hoping to incorporate some of your great time saving ideas in our life.  Maybe I can come up with a few of my own.  Check out my blog list.  Some are family and friends and some are people I have never met, but read their blogs from the recommendation of friends.  A few of my favorites are A Country Farmhouse, Acanthus and Acorn, and The Pioneer Woman.