April 9, 2010

April 15

April 15, the deadline for filing your tax return, is a day dreaded by most Americans.  April 15 for accountants and tax preparers is a day that is looked forward to with great anticipation.  We call April 15 "The Last Day of Tax Season"  almost like you would call July 4 "The Fourth of July".  Only six more days until tax season is over.  Six more days until we will have the luxury of taking a few days off.  For me, that means staying at home and getting caught up on housework, laundry, finances (my own for a change), and beginning all of the spring chores that everyone else already started as soon as the weather warmed up.  The chores I am looking forward to this spring are:  planting our first real garden here (my husband has set aside an acre for this purpose!), sanding and painting our front door and sidelites, refinishing my grandmother's vanity, refinishing the mirror to Charlie's grandfather's dresser, painting the back porch....  I have such a long "to do" list that I will still be working hard come next spring!

Getting information ready for our tax return.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We always enjoy your visits to our blog and love reading your comments. Thanks for visiting and check back with us soon!

Judy :)