January 8, 2011

New Year's Dreams: Day Two

Alright.  The first thing you need to do is to go to the Grocery Shrink's Blog and read her entry on Relationships.  You can click here.

Did you read it?

Good!  Now continue.

Day Two:  Relationships


I have been dreaming about this goal for the past couple of days.  I find that I have been waiting on others to make friends with me instead of taking the initiative to keep up the friendships I already have or create new friendships with people I want to get to know better.  Every month, I want to have people in our home for a meal, relaxation, games, and great conversation and laughter.  I miss the fellowship with other Christians and friends.  I feel our family needs much more interaction with other people instead of the relying on ourselves.  One of my hang ups has been the “my house is never clean enough” excuse.  Let me just say that I am dreaming about that one, too!

I dream of developing a closer relationship with our son who is getting ready to attend college in the fall.  We seem to have fallen into the teenage relationship of parents being on a need to know basis.  I want to ensure a trusting and close relationship as he leaves home.  I’m still thinking and praying on this one to find the way to connect.

I want to continue the time my husband and I spend together.  I feel we do a pretty good job of taking time for each other.  We travel together, search for antiques together, ride to work together (more and more often with the gas prices!), worship together, do some farm work and house work together.  We don’t like to spend a lot of money to be together  – we enjoy being at home!  I would like to do more hiking and physical activity together in the New Year, but I am sure that will be a goal in a later category.

The picture above is of me and my friend, Kerrie.  I met Kerrie when I was eight years old.  She was probably 15 years old at the time…a long time ago when my family lived in West Virginia.  She was always so sweet to take an interest in me.  I remember before she left for college, she took me out to eat and gave me a necklace.  Not very many teenage girls would have taken the time to do that with a 10 year old!  We have kept in touch over the years mainly through Christmas cards.  Imagine my surprise when I saw her at a speech recently!  I probably had not seen her in at least 15 years.  She only lives 2 ½ hours from where we live.  We hope to try to get together sometime this spring or summer.  I really want to keep in touch with people who matter to me.  Kerrie has always mattered to me – she was closest person I had to a big sister!

Enjoy your weekend!
Judy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always enjoy your visits to our blog and love reading your comments. Thanks for visiting and check back with us soon!

Judy :)